KEMPA Journalism

• October 30Advisers, plan to attend Winter Advisers Seminar, March 1-2

KEMPA Scholarship Deadline Approaching – March 15

2019 scholarship applications due March 15 (postmarked)

To promote journalism and communication careers, the Kettle Moraine Press Association (KEMPA) will award up to $2,000 in scholarships to this year’s graduates of member publications who plan to major in journalism, photojournalism, communications, English, journalism education or related areas at an accredited college or university. A scholarship winner must carry at least the minimum number of credits allowed to qualify as a full-time student.  This is a one-time scholarship and is non-renewable.

2019 KEMPA Scholarship Application

Please include all required items with this application form. Applications must be POSTMARKED BY midnight, Friday, march 15, 2019 and sent to

Bob Kay, KEMPA scholarship chairperson

827 Liberty Bell Lane

Libertyville, Illinois 60048

If you have questions, please contact Bob Kay at [email protected]

2019 KEMPA Scholarship Application

One or more of the courses during the 2019-2020 school year must be related to the student’s progress toward one of the majors for which the scholarship is intended.

Any 2019 graduate who is a college-bound journalist from a KEMPA-member publication and who wishes to apply for a scholarship must fill out this form and return it to the address below.

Along with this application, you must include the following items:

Academic transcript from the school at which you are currently enrolled

Your publication adviser’s letter of recommendation

Essay explaining your goals for the future

Copies of no more than five published examples of your work. This might be photocopies of yearbook or newspaper stories or photocopies of layouts/photos, graphic designs, or printouts of web stories for your publication. For a sample of your broadcast work, include the URL of the location where judges may find your broadcast. Examples of your work will not be returned.

Applications and supporting material must be sent to Bob Kay, KEMPA scholarship chairperson, postmarked no later than Friday, March 15, 2019. Winning students will be notified in early May, and the scholarship award should arrive to help with second semester expenses next year.

We look forward to receiving applications for the 2019 scholarships and encourage you all to turn in your scholarship materials postmarked by March 15, 2019.

2019 KEMPA Scholarship Application